Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Reading Notes: Fox-Fire, Part B

(Fire Fox.  Flickr.)

  • Farmer left late evening
    • Stays a man/human
  • Came across wealthy man's gardens with tall buildings around
    • can be park, not a person's garden
  • Saw 'crystal ball floating' in the garden, went in & saw no one around
  • Appeared to be like dog looking at the moon
  • Breathes out, ball of fire comes out & floats to the moon
  • Breathes in, ball came down to its jaws; kept going back & forth
  • Farmer realized it was Elixir of Life
    • all of those elements can be kept (wondering how I should entail the 'fire ball')
    • Because Elixir of Life I can meld the Laotze story with this one
  • He waited til the ball dropped to about his height & out of hiding, reached out to grab it 
  • He swallowed it & could feel the glow pass his throat to his stomach
  • The Fox saw him, grew angry but was afraid of his strength & didn't attack; he walked away
      • Fox can be Monkey King in a different form? Or the man can be him...
    • Man became invisible
    • Saw ghosts & devils
    • intercourse with spirit world
    • Brought back souls to the sick/unconscious
    • Pleaded for sins
  • He earned $$ doing this
  • Grew old - 50 yrs old; he quit exercising the arts
  • He lay in his courtyard enjoying cool air, drinking plenty wine til he fell asleep by midnight
  • Woke feeling ill; someone pat his back, the ball came out
  • 30 yrs he kept the 'treasure' from the Fox; Poor Farmer became Wealthy, so time for Fox to take it back
  • Fox disappeared when he realized who it was.
Since both stories are quite similar I can create the two men and fox as DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder).  Could be for interesting read.  How to intertwine their lives to reach that point, because it still can't be one man.  Must be one man becoming two as punishment for utilizing the Elixir of Life for material things.  It's not something sacred, but punishment.

Bibliography:  The Chinese Fairy Book:  Fox-Fire by R. Wilhelm.

1 comment:

  1. Hey again Avida! I randomly was looking for another post to comment on and found my way to reading notes to try and change it up! I love how you write your notes in bullet point as I do mine the same way! I find them much easier to skim as I work on my story and for my planning posts I like to simply copy and paste them and expand! It makes my life a whole lot easier to have everything step by step!

    ReplyDelete