Thursday, January 19, 2017

3 of My Storybook Favorites

A few of my Favorite Storybooks are:


"Setting the Record Straight" || My Brothers Grimm: The Diary of the Only Grimm Sister.

I chose this story as one of my favorite Storybooks seen and read so far, because I actually enjoy these types of horror, fairy tales.  My boyfriend and I actually watch the show, Grimm, on Netflix or on T.V. when a new episode airs.  What particularly intrigued me about this story is the twist of the Grimm Brothers having a sister.  The title helped me decide whether I wanted to read this or not, mostly the words "Grimm Sister."  I personally know what it is like to have two older brothers and be somewhat in the shadows.  Introducing the series was definitely done creatively.  I always preferred first-person style writing.  The entire layout of the storybook also gives me some thought into how I'd like to do mine, it is surely much bolder than I would have done mine.  It suits the main character's personality well!

"Draug's Story" || Diary of the Undead: Global Edition.

I seem to enjoy the style of journal writing/posting.  One reason why I chose this type of story was based on the 'undead' aspect.  I love anything zombie/undead from the famous, The Walking Dead to Resident Evil.  Some of the classics are pretty good, but they still get to me on the inside.. The introduction conveyed the series very well and enough to leave you wanting more.  I specifically chose this story because it was the first of many and the way the author utilized the diary format along with the dates, such as, '846 AD.'  It gives a type of eerie yet realistic sensation.  The most unique of all layouts, I would have to say, is this one and I'm slightly gearing towards this style.

"Me and the Wolf" || A Daily Recount of My Ruff Life.

Last, but not least, I am ending my list of favorites with this sweet and conniving first-person, narrative.  I can automatically relate to her series, because I too have a pup.  Well not so much a pup anymore, but still a pup; he is officially one years old today!  I chose to discuss this last, because it caught my attention through other reviews that previous students had written.  The humorous aspect also brought me closer and I can truly see why.  By far one of the most creative styles and the layout is kept simple and fresh, perfect all around for anyone who would like to read about a little dog's adventure! 👏

                                     
From "Me and the Wolf."  A hilarious creation! Source. FaceInHole.

No comments:

Post a Comment