Sunday, January 22, 2017

Time Strategies

So...I have taken a class previously about 'Time Management', literally.  It seemed like a common knowledge type course and something that people should already know...but...there is definitely much more to it than just making time for things.  It is an emotional roller coaster of all things.

I am victim to stressing out about not having enough time to do anything and always being busy, no matter what I think I do.  In all reality, I am not as busy, I just stress about the thoughts of being 'busy'.  I chose to read "The Myth of "Too Busy"" by Tim Grahl and he makes a good point about tweaking how to view and think about being 'busy'.  My cousin-in-law has even suggested something similar, where I just make time for specific things that are important and note those that can be done later.  So I agree that prioritizing and thinking about how to manage my time for specific things should be my main focus and be simpler than I take it to be.

That is my main issue this semester and overall in my life.  I basically took a semester off last semester, because I felt "too busy" and I felt overwhelmed with all that I need to do on a daily basis.  Mind me that I had two jobs, WAS in two different schools before dropping the classes in one of them and just continuing the others, while also finding time to take care of my pup and help my parents around the house.  After dropping my classes, I wrote everything out that I had to do or need to do currently and in the future, it apparently wasn't and isn't too much; I just over think and believe that it is.  I don't give myself a breather in the right way and the article mentions social media as an 'outlet' yet a toxic one in reality, and that is my reality.  

I am still trying to find a way to manage a lot of my time and prioritize, especially for the spontaneous situations that occur.  It is a tough road, but I will eventually find the right strategy/strategies to manage my life in general.

(Time Management)  Wikipedia Commons.

No comments:

Post a Comment