Monday, April 10, 2017

Famous Last Words: From Start to Nearly Finish

This week, for my thoughts overall, I actually found myself not feeling so much of the pressures of school and attempting to enjoy it.  There were tough spots, but I got through them.  For this class in particular, in the very beginning, it felt like I had a head start and was going strong.  As the semester progressed, there were moments of struggle with writers-block and my reasoning behind why I wrote.  After Spring Break, that’s when I seemed out of it and lost, without a cause or purpose.  My writings started becoming bleak, forced and repetitive.  They lacked a lot of background.  This week’s story 11 even seemed repetitive with my writing style and I hadn’t noticed until after I had submitted it.  Though the story appeared as such, I’m actually quite proud of the result.  I felt like it wasn’t going to amount to much, but after the comments I received and rereading my work, I must say that I am actually proud of myself for the hard work I attempted and put in. 

(Accomplishment - Try.  Pixabay.)

So in comparison to other courses, this class is by far my favorite and one that I feel more comfortable and accomplished in.  There’s quite a bit that I still have yet to understand in my other courses, but for me, this course gives me a sense of purpose.  It could also be because I actually enjoy writing and for this being my first dab at creative writing, it’s quite refreshing and fun.  What I enjoy most is the surprise of how each story written, turns out.  For many of us who have never written creatively before, this is a great way to start and it’s also one that can easily be built upon.  Writers can be born, if there is effort and improvement in the work.

For the next weeks to come, as we’re nearing the end of school, I am hoping to gain more accomplishments and improvements if life allows me the time to commit.  By that, I mean that I hope to finish this course strong and soon.  I could have easily been done months ago, but the lack of drive hit me hard and it definitely pertained to my senioritis and those around me that aren’t in school, influencing me to have fun.  It’s time to take a few steps back, breathe, focus, work harder and work ahead. 


I CAN DO THIS!!!  I AM ALMOST DONE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment