Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Tech Tip: Canvas Mobile App

So this may seem kind of late in the semester to discuss whether I've downloaded the Canvas App or not.  In all honesty, I have and I did so, I believe, in the beginning of last semester just in case I needed to revert back to it for some missing information.

I currently use it to check on future assignments and other assignments I've missed.  It's still quite confusing to me so I still have to play with it some, but it is nice to have and super convenient.  I guess a few things I could do without, is the confusion on the notifications.  I've learned how to add the right notifications that suit what I would like to receive, but even when I selected that, it didn't quite measure up to what I was expecting.  Looking through it on mobile can also be challenging, because even when you want to view certain assignments or grades, it can be confusing on how the layout is.  And because it is an app, it's just overall difficult to work with so it's just nice to work with the site on a laptop as usual rather than on the phone.

Others may think differently from me, but I'm not one to want to use my phone in that manner when it's such a small device.  Whether convenient or not, it doesn't always mean it's perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment